FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 07/06/2022
Media Contact: email@example.com
RALEIGH, N.C. – Shaw University wishes to invite the public to a series of Community Meetings to discuss its Campus Redevelopment plan, which it has named “The ShawU District.”
The University held its initial community meeting on May 16, 2022, as a part of the rezoning process and promised to continue to facilitate additional opportunities to seek input from university stakeholders – including students, faculty, staff, alumni, friends and the surrounding community.
As an HBCU and a significant landowner in downtown Raleigh, the changes that Shaw is requesting from the City will help transform its campus, as well as expand the footprint of downtown Raleigh.
Additional community meetings will be held on Shaw’s main campus in accordance with the following schedule. Building names and room numbers for community meetings will be posted on the shawu.edu website.*
- July 11, 2022, at 6 pm — Tour of Campus w/ discussion of campus redevelopment
- July 25, 2022, at 6 pm— Discussion of campus redevelopment
- August 8, 2022, at 6 pm — Tour of Campus w/ discussion of campus redevelopment
- August 22, 2022, at 6 pm — Postponed
- September 14, 2022, at 6 pm — Discussion of campus redevelopment
- September 27, 2022, — TBD
Shaw University, located in Raleigh, North Carolina, is the first historically Black institution of higher education founded in North Carolina – and among the oldest in the nation. The University was founded in 1865 by Henry Martin Tupper. Dr. Paulette Dillard currently serves as the University’s 18th President.
For more information, visit: https://www.shawu.edu/Campus-Redevelopment/
# # #